To suggest additions, please contact Anne Hamland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WPLC Buying Pool
- 2020 Digital Library Shares: Digital Library column page 3
- 2017 & 2018 WPLC Buying Pool with Member Shares also find your 2018 WPLC Buying Pool member shares in the WVLS Technology Planning Guide for 2018 above. Member shares are calculated based on usage and municipal population.
- In 2016, the WPLC Steering Committee recommended, and the WPLC Board approved an increase in the buying pool of $150,000, bringing the 2017 pool amount to $1,150,000.
- In 2016 and 2017 WVLS covered the cost for the new $150K addition to the pool. In 2018 and on, WVLS will be using a bill-behind model for pass-through, meaning that in any given year WVLS will be billing for the previous year’s known costs.
2018 is a jump-start year, and is based on 2017’s known numbers. The guide for 2019 uses the known numbers for 2018. There will be an increase in 2019 member shares to accommodate the $150K addition to the pool; however, the bill behind model will give libraries more than one full year to plan for the $150K addition and associated increase in their member share.
Libraries receive a single invoice for Technology Services, which incorporates the WPLC Buying Pool share pass-through.
- Please see the WPLC Board website for information, meeting agendas and documents.
Wisconsin Valley Library Service
300 N 1st Street
Wausau, WI 54403