There continues to be amazing continuing education on inclusive subjects! A lengthy list is below, including some new classes that start next year. After that, I’ve listed a month and a half of upcoming diverse holidays to help plan displays, storytimes, or virtual programs. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any concerns or questions.
- Implicit Bias – 10am on Tuesday, Dec 8
- Decolonizing Subject Headings and Collections – 1pm on Tuesday, Dec 8
- Fill Up Your Fuel Tank With Compassion Resilience – 1pm on Tuesday, December 8
- Apps to Support Mental Health for All Ages – 2pm on Tuesday, December 8
- Accessible Libraries 101 – 10am on Thursday, Dec 10
- Accessible Library Services and Library Programs with Empathy – 11am on Thursday, Dec 10
- Burnout and Stress (Updated): Strategies in Case 2021 is as Bad as 2020 – 1pm on Thursday, Dec 10
- Taking Care of Your Staff (and Yourself) During the COVID-19 Pandemic – 2pm on Wednesday, December 16
- A Happier You: Work Habits to Enhance Performance and Well-Being – 1pm on Wednesday, Dec 23
- Self-Care During Stressful Times Class: Feb. 3
- Storytime: An Opportunity for Social Justice Class: Feb 1 – Mar 14
- Library Services and Programs for Older Adults Class: Feb 1 – 28
- Webinar Series: Library Services for Homeschoolers Class: Feb 9 and 16
- Collection Management with an Antiracist Lens Class: Feb 15 – Mar 28
Upcoming Diversity Holidays:
December 10: International Human Rights Day, established by the United Nations in 1948 to commemorate the anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
January 1: New Year’s Day, the first day of the year according to the modern Gregorian calendar, celebrated within most Western countries.
January 15: Makar Sankranti, a major harvest festival celebrated in various parts of India.