To suggest additions, please email Inese Christman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask your municipality for pool passes, skate park or city park access.
Local School District
- Ask your local school district for passes to sporting events, plays, or other events open to the public.
Large hometown businesses
- Ask a local business if they offer community grants.
- Known grant providers for WVLS libraries: Walmart, Kmart, Ace Hardware, McDonalds, Hardees, movie theaters, ice cream shops, coffee shops.
- Dollar General Literacy Foundation
- Dollar General stores have worked with local organizations for general grants and:
- Dollar General Literacy Foundation Summer Learning Program Grants
Ann Marie Foundation: Quarterly grant periods
- The Ann Marie Foundation is an independent philanthropic organization committed to enhancing the quality of life in the Wisconsin communities it serves. The foundation provides monetary awards to schools and non-profit organizations to promote educational, humanitarian, cultural, and recreational activities. The foundation also provides scholarships to high school graduates.
Donors Forum of Wisconsin has information from the donor’s perspective.
The Foundation Center has information about donors.
- An online directory of active grant-making foundations in the state of Wisconsin maintained by Marquette University
Mead Witter Foundation
Wisconsin Common Grant Application form: Many Wisconsin foundations accept the Wisconsin Common Grant Application, a generalized application that was last updated in 2006. Information about individual grant programs is available from each funder, and at the Marquette University Funding Information Center at Marquette University Raynor Library (above).
Grant Writing Resources
- Grant Writing for Librarians: ACRL a division of ALA
- Writing Grant Applications: ALA
- LIbrary Grants Blog
- Winning Library Grants: Web Junction 2011
- Donors Forum of Wisconsin has information from the donor’s perspective.
- The Foundation Center has information about donors.
- Wisconsin LSTA Resources
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Facilities Direct Loan & Grant
- This program provides affordable funding to develop essential community facilities in rural areas. An essential community facility is defined as a facility that provides an essential service to the local community for the orderly development of the community in a primarily rural area, and does not include private, commercial or business undertakings.
- Information for Wisconsin Applicants
- March 31, 2017
- The EJK Mini-Grant offers funding of up to $500 and the opportunity to design and implement a creative program for your school or library.
Wisconsin Valley Library Service
300 N 1st Street
Wausau, WI 54403