The Community Library is currently accepting applications for a part-time Youth Services Library Assistant to work in our Public Services Department.
*Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities*
– Post high school coursework and/or some college course work required;
– Four-year college degree, commensurate military experience, or
equivalent continuing education preferred;
– High quality customer service skills;
– Experience in planning programming for children and teens including
– Must have excellent verbal and written skills including the ability to
convey information in educational, instructional, and creative manners;
– Advanced computer skills and Internet search techniques;
– Experience working with children in a library or school setting and
public speaking experience highly desirable;
– Access to a personal vehicle for work use.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
Duties will include, but are not limited to preparing, implementing and evaluating age/interest appropriate recreational and informational programming for children birth to 18, their families, and organizations
serving children; providing reference and reader’s advisory guidance to children, teens and adults at either the youth or adult reference desks; promoting the summer reading program to local schools; and working with
volunteers assisting with the summer reading program.
*Hours and Location*
The present requirement is for an average of approximately 18-20 hours per week including day, evening, and weekend hours. *Flexibility in scheduling is required*. The position will include working at both Community Library
2022 starting hourly wage is $16.25 per hour.
As soon as possible.
*How to Apply*
Please submit a cover letter, resume and employment application to Irene Scherer, Public Services Manager, Community Library, 24615 89th Street,
Salem, WI 53168 or by email: email@example.com
*Deadline: *Until filled.