Have website issues or questions? Want to switch to WordPress and Divi? Contact Anne Hamland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-492-2114 (cell).
October 23, 2019
March 29, 2019
October 18, 2018
May 17, 2018
- Webmaster Workshop P1 May 2018
- Updates and access
- Helpful resources
- Tour of websites
- Divi is responsive demonstration, design with mobile and desktop in mind
- Tour of sliders on websites
- Slider sizes using Measure IT Chrome Extension
- Canva, free version or use non-profit information to apply for Pro version to have access to magic resize option. Make a desing once and then resize it for Facebook!
- Slider vs. Blogpost slider
- Rebecca Kilde “About Pages”
- Webmaster Workshop P2 May2018
Read the Libraries Win Website Services Outline for a full description.
- IFLS and WVLS libraries.
- Virtual meeting for libraries interested in website services.
- Designated library webmaster.
- Standard WordPress website using the Divi theme.
- Content gathered from current website and library webmaster.
- NEW! Twice monthly office hours. Webmasters must attend 6 annually.
- Virtual meetings as needed to review or explore current and future new website options.
- Website user listserv to distribute information.
Getting Started With Web Design
- Planning Your Website
- Getting Started
- Design Details: Color, Images
- Website Testing Tips
- Resources: Books, Webinars, Articles
Find all videos on the Webmaster Tutorial YouTube Channel.
- Elegant Themes Divi tutorials: video tutorials for all modules and features!
- Editing Top Banner Hours & Information
- Updating Your Library Hours
- Carousel: IFLS Libraries
- Carousel: WVLS Libraries
- Tockify Calendar Plug-in
- How to Add a Slide video
- How to Add a Slide written guide
- Linking Documents or Webpages to a Divi/WordPress Button
- Adding a Button or Link to a Slider Image in a Slider Module
- Linking a pdf document to text on webpage (hyperlink)
- Linking Documents or Webpages to a button
- Embedding a Google Calendar
- Adding Hover Animation to Module
- Adding Alternative Text to Images and Media
- Visibility Settings for module, row, and sections
…I’m amazed at what you’ve taught me regarding Canva and the website so far. It’s all very interesting and I’m getting faster at it.
Thanks, Anne. I got everything fixed and exactly the way I want it. I even updated the book and dvd carousels on my own today. I am really, really pleased and after today feel confident that I know how to do the basics of tinkering with this website. Thank you for encouraging me to do these little fixes myself :).
Wisconsin Valley Library Service
300 N 1st Street
Wausau, WI 54403