Libraries Win Website Services
To suggest additions, please email Anne Hamland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Libraries Using WordPress/Divi
Want to switch to Divi? Contact Anne Hamland at email@example.com or 715-839-5082 ext. 150.
Read the Libraries Win Website Services Outline for a full description.
- IFLS and WVLS libraries.
- Virtual meeting for libraries interested in website services.
- Designated library webmaster.
- Standard WordPress website using the Divi theme.
- Content gathered from current website and library webmaster.
- Two co-work days a year.
- Virtual meetings as needed to review or explore current and future new website options.
- Website user listserv to distribute information.
- Intro to Website Services 2017
- Webmaster Webinar March 2018
- WordPress/Divi navigation refresher
- Google Cimple Calendar plug-in
- Webmaster Webinar Jun 2018
- Tockify calendar plug-in
- Embedded Google calendars and forms
- Library information in Google search results
- Webmaster Webinar Jul 2018
- Search Engine Optimization basics
- Yoast SEO Plug-in and Divi SEO with Cara Hart
- Webmaster Webinar Feb 2019
- New Visual Builder
- Resulting Problems
March 29, 2019
October 18, 2018
May 17, 2018
- Webmaster Workshop P1 May 2018
- Updates and access
- Helpful resources
- Tour of websites
- Divi is responsive demonstration, design with mobile and desktop in mind
- Tour of sliders on websites
- Slider sizes using Measure IT Chrome Extension
- Canva, free version or use non-profit information to apply for Pro version to have access to magic resize option. Make a desing once and then resize it for Facebook!
- Slider vs. Blogpost slider
- Rebecca Kilde “About Pages”
- Webmaster Workshop P2 May2018
How To Resources
- Elegant Themes Divi tutorials on how to get started, all modules, and available features!
- How to Create a Homepage Slide 2017
- Add and Edit New Title Carousels 2018
- Embedding a Google Calendar 2018
- Adding a Button or Link to a Slider Image in a Slider Module 2018
- Adding Alternative Text to Images and Media 2018
Getting Started With Web Design
- Planning Your Website
- Getting Started
- Design Details: Color, Images
- Website Testing Tips
- Resources: Books, Webinars, Articles
- Contact your Domain Name Service (DNS) provider. The place where your domain name is registered.
- Have your DNS provider create an “A” record with dev.yourlibrary’scurrentURL.orgorcomorwhatever that points to 184.108.40.206.
- Content to gather:
- Files of your library’s logo. (png. jpg.)
- Library address, phone, email.
- Staff information and contact information.
- Any images you would like on your website. (png. jpg.)
Thanks, Anne. I got everything fixed and exactly the way I want it. I even updated the book and dvd carousels on my own today. I am really, really pleased and after today feel confident that I know how to do the basics of tinkering with this website. Thank you for encouraging me to do these little fixes myself :).New Webmaster
Abbotsford Public Library
Greenwood Public Library
Loyal Public Library
Neillsville Public Library
Rhinelander District Library
T.B. Scott Free Library, Merrill
Thorp Public Library
Tomahawk Public Library
Wabeno Public Library
Withee Public Library
Westboro Public Library
Augusta Public Library
Amery Public Library
Boyceville Public Library
Cadott Public Library
Chippewa Falls Public library
Cumberland Public Library
Deer Park Public Library
Elkmound Public Library
Elmwood Public Library
Fall Creek Public Library
Frederic Public Library
Hammond Community Library
Menominee Public Library
Milltown Public Library Wi
Ogema Public Library
Osceola Public Library
Plum City Public Library
Prescott Public Library
River Falls Public Library
Somerset Public Library
Turtle Lake Public Library
Libraries Using WordPress/Divi
Wisconsin Valley Library Service
300 N 1st Street
Wausau, WI 54403