Libraries Win Website Services
To suggest additions, please email Anne Hamland at email@example.com.
Libraries Using WordPress/Divi
Want to switch to Divi? Questions about the process? Contact Anne Hamland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-839-5082 ext. 150.
- Intro to Website Services 2017
- Webmaster Webinar March 2018
- WordPress/Divi navigation refresher
- Google Cimple Calendar plug-in
- Webmaster Webinar Jun 2018
- Tockify calendar plug-in
- Embedded Google calendars and forms
- Library information in Google search results
- Webmaster Webinar Jul 2018
- Search Engine Optimization basics
- Yoast SEO Plug-in and Divi SEO with Cara Hart
- Webmaster Webinar Feb 2019
- New Visual Builder
- Resulting Problems
- Webmaster Workshop P1 May 2018
- Updates and access
- Helpful resources
- Tour of websites
- Divi is responsive demonstration, design with mobile and desktop in mind
- Tour of sliders on websites
- Slider sizes using Measure IT Chrome Extension
- Canva, free version or use non-profit information to apply for Pro version to have access to magic resize option. Make a desing once and then resize it for Facebook!
- Slider vs. Blogpost slider
- Rebecca Kilde “About Pages”
- Webmaster Workshop P2 May2018
- Book cover carousels
- Calendars: embedded Google Calendars, Event Calendar, Tockify
- Exporting modules and pages (if you want to use someone else’s design or aspect.
How To Resources
- Elegant Themes Divi tutorials on how to get started, all modules, and available features!
- How to Create a Homepage Slide 2017
- Add and Edit New Title Carousels 2018
- Embedding a Google Calendar 2018
- Adding a Button or Link to a Slider Image in a Slider Module 2018
- Adding Alternative Text to Images and Media 2018
Getting Started With Web Design
- Planning Your Website
- Getting Started
- Design Details: Color, Images
- Website Testing Tips
- Resources: Books, Webinars, Articles
Description of Service
Read the Libraries Win Website Services Outline for a full description.
- IFLS and WVLS libraries.
- Virtual meeting for libraries interested in website services.
- Designated library webmaster.
- Standard WordPress website using the Divi theme.
- Content gathered from current website and library webmaster.
- Two co-work days a year.
- Virtual meetings as needed to review or explore current and future new website options.
- Website user listserv to distribute information.
- Contact your Domain Name Service (DNS) provider. The place where your domain name is registered.
- Have your DNS provider create an “A” record with dev.yourlibrary’scurrentURL.orgorcomorwhatever that points to 18.104.22.168.
- Content to gather:
- Files of your library’s logo. (png. jpg.)
- Library address, phone, email.
- Staff information and contact information.
- Any images you would like on your website. (png. jpg.)