We Are Hiring! Join our Library Team.
Technical Services Acquisitions / Cataloger
Salary: $17.58 – $20.09 Hourly
Sturgeon Bay, WI
General Summary of Position
This position will have direct public contact. They will manage acquisitions of all library materials. This person will be responsible for ordering print and non-print materials for all Door County Library systems. This position will work independently and with accuracy and precision.
Essential & General Job Functions
1. Manages acquisitions of all library materials.
2. Produces on-order records and prepares orders, handles correspondence related to purchases.
3. Develops time-and cost-efficient order processes.
4. Investigates and recommends vendors for library materials purchases.
5. Communicates materials budget spending to material selectors.
6. Performs copy cataloging utilizing the OWLS net consortium.
Training, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Training and Experience
1. High school diploma or the equivalent.
2. Associates or bachelors degree in office or business management preferred.
3. One (1) or more years’ experience in library, office or related field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
1. Ability to operate personal computer, preferably with Microsoft Office © software and library software.
2. Ability to perform repetitive tasks and ability to perform duties with accuracy and precision.
3. Ability to work independently. Ability to instruct, coordinate, problem-solve, troubleshoot, make decisions and resolve conflicts.
4. Ability to use tack and courtesy in maintaining an effective working relationship with department employees, county supervisors, county officials, and general public.
5. Ability to read, comprehend, and communicate, both verbally and in writing as well as effectively administer by written, and verbal communications.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to manage variety and change.
Physical & Working Conditions
Nearly 100% of time work is performed in a normal office setting with little or no discomfort from temperature, dust or noise. Interacting with other employees, general public, whether walking in or on the telephone may be encountered.
Over 75% of work is performed seated at a desk, working on a computer keyboard and/or telephone with about 10% of work performed standing and walking. Over 75% of the work is performed by talking, hearing, and using both far and near vision. Occasional lifting is required up to 10 lbs. (i.e. paper and equipment).
Continuous interaction with the public. Intermittent standing, walking bending, stooping and climbing. Ability to lift up to 35 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis throughout the shift. Reaching, handling, fingering, feeling using vision, speaking, and hearing.
In an effort to provide for continuity of County government and to cope with the problems of the emergency, you may be required to work during a proclaimed state of emergency, consistent with Sec 323.14 Wis. Stats. and County emergency management plans and programs.
The above is intended to describe the general content of the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as a exhaustive state of duties, responsibilities or requirements. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
County of Door
Door County Government Center
421 Nebraska Street
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, 54235