This September, join Idina and Cara Menzel, the American Library Association, and libraries nationwide in singing the praises of a library card. As part of the celebration, check out the many free resources on the ALA website, including digital graphics for your library’s website and social media accounts, and other marketing tools.
Also, consider promoting Library Card Sign-up Month through the new Aspen Discovery Layer. Following are ideas and resources to get you started:
- The WVLS Digital Byte on Google Forms provides instructions for creating a Google Form and shares a customizable template.
- A document on “Best Practices for Creating an Online Library Card.”
- Examples of online registration forms are available on the Loyal Public Library and MCPL websites.
- A website button promoting National Library Card Sign-Up Month is shared here.
- The Granton Community Library’s Aspen website includes a “Get a Card” link.
WVLS is available to help member libraries with marketing National Library Card Sign-Up Month. In addition to website support, assistance is available with writing promotional pieces including press releases. To request help, email email@example.com.