Calling all Wisconsin librarians, teachers, parents, and the public interested in learning about the best books for young people!
You are invited to attend the 2018 Children’s Book Fest and WVLS Grassroots Youth Services Gathering, a two-day conference held March 6-7 in Rhinelander at the First Congregational United Church of Christ, 135 E. Larch St., Rhinelander, WI. This is not an event you want to miss!
WVLS will host the 2018 Grassroots Gathering of librarians serving youth from 1:30-3pm on March 7th following the Book Fest. Join us for discussion and provide feedback for future youth services.
- Be the first to see the Children’s Cooperative Book Center’s (CCBC) recommended and award winning children’s and youth books published in 2017.
- See ALL the books first hand!
- Gather with colleagues to discuss award winning and top books in youth literature.
- Bring questions for CCBC Librarians Megan Schliesman and Merri Lindgren on intellectual freedom, Wisconsin author awards and more!
Children’s Book Fest Agendas and Registration
- Tuesday Evening, March 6 Information and Registration (1.5 CE Contact Hours for CCBC Book Talk)
- Wednesday Day, March 7 Information and Registration (2 CE Contact Hours for CCBC Book Talk)
- Registration must be received by March 2. Contact Tom Hurlburt, Rhinelander District Library Children’s Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-365-1070.
CCBC Book Talk
Children’s literature specialists from the nationally acclaimed Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC) in Madison, Wisconsin will discuss books for children and young adults at an evening presentation on Tuesday, March 6 as well as a day presentation on March 7. CCBC stafff will discuss current trends in children’s literature and present a book talk highlighting some of the best books of 2017.
Each year librarians from the CCBC publish CCBC CHOICES, an annual list of CCBC-recommended books for children and teens. Book Fest participants will receive a free copy of the CCBC CHOICES booklet at part of their $10 registration fee.
Grassroots Gathering Discussion for Youth Services Wednesday March 7; 1:30-3pm
This is an opportunity for school and public librarians to get together, network and learn from each other. Discussion and sharing with youth service librarians will generate a report for the Wisconsin Division for Libraries and Technology and the state youth services consultant and provide direct feedback for youth services and projects in Wisconsin library systems.