Title: Public Library Development Consultant
Closing Date: August 15, 2022
Due to an upcoming retirement, Winnefox Library System, based in Oshkosh WI, is looking for an innovative and organized individual to get passionately involved in library system work in support of small to mid-size public libraries. The future Public Library Development Consultant will embrace changing library trends, think creatively about educational opportunities, and be able to adapt to challenges and opportunities.
The PLD Consultant is responsible for the coordination, publicity, and administration of continuing education workshops provided to the librarians in the four library systems in the Northeastern Wisconsin (NEWI) Continuing Education Partnership. This position is responsible for training member library staff in the fields of staff development, public information content management, and hosting virtual meetings. They will also support professional development opportunities for Winnefox system staff and expand and coordinate Winnefox’s system-wide marketing services. A full job description is listed on the Winnefox website.
* A desire to inspire and facilitate librarian success
* Eagerness and responsiveness to keep abreast of public library trends and changing needs of library staff and their communities
* Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
* MLIS with front-line public library experience. Supervisory experience is desirable.
* Desired experience may include event planning, website content management, or marketing experience
This is a full-time, exempt position with flexible telecommuting options. Candidates will be required to live or relocate to Northeast Wisconsin in order to be present at in person workshops. Winnefox Library System serves 30 libraries in 5 counties in Northeast Wisconsin and candidates are expected to work well with the collaborative and dedicated system team. This position includes a flexible schedule, retirement program, and health and dental insurance through the Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds. Expected start date will be mid-November 2022.