The Irvin L. Young Memorial Library in the City of Whitewater, Wisconsin is seeking a librarian who passionately embraces technology, science, and art. This librarian has the ability to inspire imagination, draw out potential, and create a gathering place for the community.
This position requires flexibility, collaboration, communication, and the ability to identify priorities and shift focus quickly. In order to help fulfill the Library’s mission, we want a professional with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and a sense of humor while working in an environment rich with diversity. We are searching for a bold individual who enjoys people.
This position is 30 hours per week and is eligible for benefits.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s Degree with a major in education or library science. Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS) and/or Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS) with a demonstrated interest in Makerspaces preferred.
* Minimum of one year of MLS/MLIS library experience preferred; previous experience in instruction, programs with emerging technology a plus; Has the ability to listen to and engage their community to draw out needs and interests. Finds joy in serving the public.
* Polaris experience is a plus!
* Excellent communication skills, demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” work ethic, and models an excellent customer service attitude.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus in serving our diverse community.
For the complete position description and how to apply, please go to:
If you should have any questions, please contact Judy Atkinson, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org<ma