The Platteville Public Library is seeking an outgoing, service-oriented, and collaborative professional to join our team as our new Outreach Coordinator. The ideal candidate will exemplify the library’s values and service standards and will uphold our mission through their work coordinating library outreach, forming community relationships, facilitating monthly programs, and developing library collections.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Staffing the public service desks
- Training and supervising adult volunteers
- Creating programming related displays
- Providing reader’s advisory
- Preparing and distributing press releases to social media and local news sources
- Attending workshops and meetings as needed
Bachelor’s degree required. ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library and Information Science or previous library work preferred.