The Winding Rivers Library System (WRLS) offers an excellent opportunity to work, and serve, in a library system impacting over 280,000 residents living in western Wisconsin. WRLS is seeking a full-time IT Manager. This position reports to the WRLS Director and includes the following responsibilities:
* Network Maintenance (Fortinet Firewalls, Cisco switches, WAPs, etc.)
* Server Maintenance (Windows and Linux server OS in a virtual cluster using VMware EXSi)
* Web Development and CMS Management (PCI compliance, domains, DNS hosting)
* Supervision and back-up for help desk staff
WRLS is a public library system located in West Salem, WI (just east of La Crosse) serving 34 public libraries in seven counties, covering over 5000 square miles, in communities ranging in size from 288 to 52,000 residents.
This position requires:
* A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or IT related fields.
* 4-6 years of experience working in the IT field.
* 2-3 years experience working with server and network technology
* 2-3 years experience supporting Windows Servers and OS (2012-2016)
* 2-3 years of experience supporting Linux OS
* Some experience managing server-hosted software and policies.
* Experience working with an imaging system and VMWare server is a plus.
* Experience working with libraries and library software is a plus.
* Experience with Fortinet Firewalls is a plus.
* Experience with Cisco managed switches is a plus.
* Experience supporting Office 365 is a plus.
* Ability to collaborate with other IT departments, library systems and agencies.
* A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive long distances in various Wisconsin weather conditions. Frequent travel to member libraries is required.
* Ability to respectfully and tactfully communicate ideas and information in both verbal and written form.
* Ability to establish and adhere to service priorities.
* Ability to work within a confidential environment.
* Ability to communicate and work well with management teams.
* Ability to supervise staff and keep day to day operations running.
* Ability to manage time effectively, respond promptly and triage problems.
This position offers:
* The opportunity to make a difference for libraries in west central Wisconsin.
* Committed and dedicated colleagues, appreciative member library staff, a supportive and forward-thinking board of trustees, and a collaborative mindset among library systems around the state.
* The opportunity to live, work, and play in the incomparable driftless region of Wisconsin.
* Full-time salary of $65,000.
* Excellent benefits including two weeks of vacation earned in the first year, four weeks in subsequent years; health, dental, life, and income continuation insurance; Wisconsin retirement and deferred compensation plans.
* A flexible schedule with the ability to work some days from home, some in the office, all balanced with the opportunity to travel to WRLS libraries through stunning hills and coulees.
* System vehicles available for work travel.
Send application (cover letter & resume) to Kristen Anderson / email@example.com<mailto:kri