The Brodhead Memorial Public Library Board of Trustees seeks to hire a dynamic, community-minded Library Director. We are looking for an optimistic and empathetic leader, who excels in communicating and building relationships with individuals and groups. The ideal candidate will commit to providing equitable services; supervise, inspire, and evaluate staff; and connect with the community as a whole.
Education and Experience
Successful candidates will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, interest in current library technology, fiscal knowledge, and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with the Library Board, staff, and community.
* An undergraduate degree from a college or university is required; a Master?s degree in Library and Information Science is preferred
* At least Grade II Wisconsin Library Director Certification, or ability to obtain, is required
* Progressive library or other related experience is preferred
* Experience as a supervisor is preferred
Salary and Benefits
Salary is based on education and experience. For candidates with an undergraduate degree, the range for this position is $45,000 – $50,000, based on experience. For candidates with a Master?s degree in Library and Information Science, the range is $50,000 – $55,000, based on experience.
Benefits provided include:
* Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
* Health insurance (87% of cost paid by the City)
* Dental insurance (100% of cost paid by the City)
* Vision insurance (100% of the cost paid by the employee)
* Life Insurance
* Participation in the State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
* Deferred Compensation
The full position description is attached.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 professional references to:
Application deadline is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 27, 2022.
The Library Board is currently planning interviews for the week of June 6, 2022.
About Brodhead Memorial Public Library
We are a community of 3,200 located 35 miles south of Madison, WI; 20 miles west of Janesville, WI; and 15 miles east of Monroe, WI. Our extended service population is approximately 6,200, serving patrons in both Green and Rock Counties. Currently, the library employs 10 staff with an FTE of approximately 4.5. The annual operating budget is approximately $300,000 and uses a combination of municipal and county tax support, donations, grants, and investments. We are a member of the South Central Library System, headquartered in Madison, WI.