The Demmer Memorial Library in Three Lakes, Wisconsin is seeking a permanent, part-time children’s librarian, 20 hours/week, including one evening and rotating Saturdays.
The primary job duties include:
- Plan and conduct weekly Story Hour program for pre-school aged children and baby story time for infants and toddlers and their care-givers during the school year.
- Develop and implement engaging programs for children ages 0-11 and families during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
- Develop and distribute marketing materials for library programs through a variety of media channels.
- Plan and prepare displays: seasonal bulletin boards, children’s book displays, etc.
- Collaborate with adult/young adult librarian on developing and implementing engaging reading programs (summer and throughout the year).
- Contact performers and program presenters; schedules events and manages program budget.
- Select children’s books and materials for purchasing per collection development standards.
- Seek opportunities for continued learning and shares new information with public.
- Demonstrate an exemplary public service attitude.
- Perform circulation desk duties including, but not limited to: opening and closing the library on a rotating basis and assume responsibility for operation of the library while on duty.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have training and experience with early childhood education and literacy, with demonstrated knowledge of selecting and using quality children’s literature to plan and conduct effective and engaging early literacy programs.
- Capture and hold the attention of young children while providing early literacy education programs through reading, song, movement, and hands-on learning.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with children, families, co-workers, and community partners.
- Provide excellent public service in performance of all job duties.
- Perform essential technical services, including processing new acquisitions, maintaining records in the integrated library system database, and reviewing and maintaining patron records.
- Assist with programs, light housekeeping, and other duties as assigned.
Starting wage up to $13/hour, depending on qualifications and experience. One weekday evening and rotating Saturday hours required. There are no benefits associated with this position.
View complete job description: 2021 Children’s Librarian Job Description
To Apply: please complete the technology self-assessment (download a paper copy here) and submit a cover letter and resume with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Children’s Librarian application. Application review begins June 15; open until filled.
The Town of Three Lakes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.