- Email the Technology Support Helpdesk at email@example.com
To suggest additions, please email Joshua Klingbeil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology Budget Resources
- WVLS Technology Planning Guide for 2018 – Full – Rev 3.1 – Final– Now Available!
- WVLS IT Services Budget Planning Guide for 2017 (with 2018 preview).
- Computer counts are based on previous year and are for reference. A request for computer count validation goes out each year prior to invoicing.
WVLS Digital Lites: Technology
Lean WI is the partnership between WVLS and Indianhead Federated Library Service (IFLS). WVLS and IFLS tech teams have combined their teams’ expertise to provide an excellent service package know as LibrariesWIN. LibrariesWIN services are provided at no extra cost above via member dues.
- One help desk ticket platform for two systems
- Deep Freeze & Anti-virus
- Technology Consultation
- Network support: Routers, Switches
- Website design and hosting
- Mobile Hot Spot test devices
See the LeanWI Service Chart for more information.
Technology planning and consultation, including budget planning, is a valuable part of your library’s Library System Membership Benefits.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions related to services or budget planning.
2016 WVLS Technology Services Survey
The WVLS Technology Team gathered feedback from WVLS member libraries on technology support services to develop a plan for services and technology training in the future.
WVLS Technology Plan 2013-2018
WVLS Technology Initiatives
LibrariesWIN Services Status Updates
Subscribe to receive automatic email and text updates on the LibrariesWIN Services Status Page.
Stay up-to-date as issues arise with automatic email updates as problems are diagnosed, monitored, and resolved.
Coding in Libraries
The Coding Initiative in Wisconsin Public Libraries is underway, and DPI has put together an introductory video for the Coding Initiative.
- No-tech, low-tech, and high-tech programs introduce coding to all ages! Check out the WisCode Literati website for ideas.
- Borrow WVLS makerspace kits to introduce coding (Dash and Dot, littleBits, and more!)?
- Try free coding websites that simplify coding for k-12 students like Code.org or Scratch.mit.edu?
There are two options for mobile hot spot services. Mobile Beacon vs. Sprint services. WVLS and Indianhead Federated Library System (IFLS) have three Sprint Moble Hot Spots availabe for your library to test in your community.
Interested? Contact the Technology Support Services team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wisconsin Valley Library Service
300 N 1st Street
Wausau, WI 54403