Northern Wisconsin librarians, teachers, parents, and the public interested in learning about the best books for young people are invited to attend Children's Book Fest 2017, a two-day conference held March 7-8 in Rhinelander.
- March 7 Information and Registration (1.5 CEUs for CCBC Book Talk)
- March 8 Information and Registration (2 CEUs for CCBC Book Talk)
- Registration must be received by March 3. Contact Tom Hurlburt, Rhinelander District Library Children's Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-365-1070.
- Participants will learn about current trends in childrens' and YA literature.
- Participants will learn about the most highly reviewed books of 2016 and integrate that knowledge to collection development.
CCBC Book Talk
Children's literature specialists from the nationally acclaimed Cooperative Children's Book Center (CCBC) in Madison, Wisconsin will discuss books for children and young adults at an evening presentation on Tuesday, March 7 as well as a day presentation on March 8. CCBC stafff will discuss current trends in children's literature and present a book talk highlighting some of the best books of 2016.
Each year librarians from the CCBC publich CCBC CHOICES, an annual list of CCBC-recommended books for children and teens. Book Fest participants will receive a free copy of the CCBC CHOICES booklet at part of their $10 registration fee.
Grassroots Gathering Discussion for Youth Services Wednesday March 8; 1:30-3pm
This is an opportunity for school and public librarians to get together, network and learn fro meach other. Grassroots Gatherings are held annually in each Wisconsin library system to gather feedback for from youth service librarians, generate a report for the Wisconsin Division for Libraries and Technology and the state youth services consultant.