The free 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten App is here!
Get Ready, Get Set, Read the information below and then GO!
The Good News
- Last April, WVLS announced we had accepted the invitation from Bridges Library System (BLS) to be a part of Phase II development for a 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten App 2.0.
- A roll out version 2.0 was available for download through Android Google Play and Apple iTunes stores on September 6, 2016.
- It became apparent that there were issues with account creation and retrieval as users were receiving errors on both Android and Apple devices. Mindful of the need to provide both a smooth rollout, we hit the pause button. BLS has resolved those isses as of this morning!
- Thanks to a 2016 LSTA grant awarded to Arrowhead Library System, the app is translated into Spanish for users with phones set to Spanish.
- A new literacy tip is on the welcome screen every time a user signs on.
Explore the Toolkit
Go to the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Toolkit built by Waukesha County for:
- 1,000 Books App Overview for Library Staff (PowerPoint)
- Free graphics, flyers, sample social media posts, App press announcements, sticker templates, and more!
The Overview for Library Staff includes directions on how library staff can transition paper records to app records.
Kris Adams Wendt will retain administrator rights for WVLS libraries and will be able to run reports.
- number of users
- number of books recorded
- number of users at halfway point
- number of finishers
- top books recorded
- and more!
Please contact Kris Adams Wendt with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 715-261-7255.
Submitted by Kris Adams Wendt